When luck or adventure takes you to Rubyvale in Central Queensland’s Wild West, think of it as the end of the rainbow, not the end of the world!
The New Royal Hotel Rubyvale, the finest establishment in town, awaits you with great pride and expectation. Why settle for anything less? The very words "Royal" and "Hotel" together in the same name are your guarantee of a regal outback experience!
Under the care and inspiration of our guiding light, Rubyvale Roughnut, the toughest, roughest, hardest drinking, loudest laughing and longest fossicker in the gem fields, our dedicated staff is pleased to supply everything needed by visitors to our neck of the bush:
- surprisingly good comfort food in our pub or dining room
- cool drinks at the pub (no extra charge for laughter, local lore and unasked for advice)
- an attached bottle shop for your thirst-quenching needs while out and about, and
- the closest comfortable lodgings to a), b) and c).
We know it’s not everyone who comes to Rubyvale, but we’re set up to please you no matter what the reason you’re dropping in:
- You’re a get-rich-quick fossicker looking for sapphires and rubies in our dirt or… you take the quick/clean route of winning a bundle from our poker machines. Good news! With hardly anywhere to spend your money, the town of Rubyvale lets you hold on to your wealth!
- You love rocks. Geologist or gemologist, you particularly like the kinds that fit into rings, pendants, bracelets and earrings. While you prefer to find them lying on the ground, in a pinch you’ll settle for local prices rather than what the smart shops charge back home.
- You’re an aficionado of British royalty. Given that ours is the Royal hotel, you know that sooner or later Will and Kate will show up and you can brag that they slept in your bed.
- As a celebrity fleeing the paparazzi, a stressed out bonds trader or someone in the witness protection program, you want to get away from it all. Hands down, we’re the place.
- You hanker to dig in the dirt and see an occasional cow, goat or emu out on the road, a pleasure denied you in Sydney, Brisbane or New York.
- You desire to be one with the universe. Forget the ashram. Have dinner and a few drinks in the pub, then go outside and look up at our magnificent star-strewn Rubyvale sky.
- You actually know one of Rubyvale’s 690 residents but don’t want to impose.
- You want a unique casual wedding venue whose remoteness discourages most invitees.
Your celebrated hosts: Wendy & Bruce McFarlane
To learn more, click on the tabs above, or contact us at email@example.com